ArcAngel ArcAngel

Pretty much what koezan has said already

Yeah, he's/she's already said pretty much everything.
Also, some different synths and VSTs would be good- these sound very thin.
Have you tried out some subtle delay or reverb?

I really do like the chords though- but they seem to punchy for my taste.

Chris220 responds:

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I know these synths suck, I didn't have anything better at the time though :P Now I have z3ta+ and Nexus, I'll be able to make much nicer sounding stuff haha!
And yeah, I should use some subtle effects in the background... would improve it a lot ;)

If I do update this piece, then I'll upload it here so you can compare!

Thanks,
Chris

By the way, Koezan is a guy :P My friend :P

The Quest Goes On The Quest Goes On

Not bad for a second submission

The melody synth seemed a bit harsh on the ears, but I guess that's 8-bit for ya'
The drums could have been more exciting too- bit more variation. And some new sounds too. If you want any samples let me know- I could zip up a pack for you
The arranging was actually very good though. I think it was the synths and samples used holding it back. Could you maybe give me the FL Studio project file to this sometime? I'd like to have a little play with it.
Yeah, not bad :)

Chris220 responds:

Sure, I'd be happy to send it to you!
I love this theme so much, I've toyed with it for a long time! this is obviously chiptune styled one, but I'll probably get around to make a much more upbeat Techno version or something :)

{-^MP^-} Mellow Sunrise {-^MP^-} Mellow Sunrise

It's ok.

But I think you need some better VSTs or plugins or something, they sound very 2D and flat.
Shame, cause your melodies are really nice and well constructed!

Musical-Pants responds:

Any suggestions?
I'm working with FL 8, which is great for creating melodies, but i'm comeplety clueless on how to make the the song sound better.
If you can point me in the direction of any tutorials, or have any advice, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

-Pants

Symptom of the Cause Symptom of the Cause

The vocals?

It all sounds a bit out of tune from eachother. Not sure why, I think it's the vocals. It's got alright groove, I think it could do with some better drums.
Overall, a pretty good 7/10 :)

Monkeywithumbs responds:

It might be the guitar...

Awesome Techno Awesome Techno

How is this in the top 5?

Generic instruments, uninteresting beat- repetitive melody....
Horrible mixing - the volume levels are way off.
And I can't believe you used all those preset instruments- and Slayer! How could you use Slayer- it's a piece of crap.
I'm sorry, but you could do WAY more with this tune.

ParagonX9 - Chaoz Japan ParagonX9 - Chaoz Japan

I'm really into this sort of stuff.

It was awesome XD
I would say the only thing that could be improved is that it could be longer.
I love the bass, use of the "amen break"! The Japanese theme, it's all good :)

Statical Acid Statical Acid

Pretty awful

That 'melody' line bass thing was completely annoying. The drums were pretty bad too. Seriously, what the hell?

Ghostwave Ghostwave

Woah

That sure is classic trance! But it's so awesome! The solid bass is great, the main melody is good and punchy too. Loving those ambient sounds and piano in the background, they just give it that edge.
Although, I did take a 10th of your score for a few minor things- (although I'll still be rating 5!)
- There was a distinct lack of kick (which drives the regular trance song), it kept fading in and out, which is quite annoying.
- The drums at the start were a bit iffy too, but whatever. I thought they sounded a bit too simple, with just a hit on the beat.

But, the ending made up for the iffy bits. I liked the drums slowing down, and it returning to the ambient effects. It makes it loop very nicely.
Overall, super track, and I really hope it does well in the clubs it's première-ing in!

NemesisTheory responds:

I'm glad you think it's great, man. :)

I agree with your crits, the kick could definitely be a bit louder. I'll make sure that it's better in a future submission. :) Thanks a bunch!

Techno Meets Hip Hop Techno Meets Hip Hop

I know people are going to hate me for this...

But, I don't think it worked. The melody chosen was quite dry and a bit bad, if you asked me to be honest. In places, it sounded just like one big "bash bash bash"
I did like the deep wavy bass, if that's any compensation.

TheEyeOfMusiK responds:

Thanks for being honest. ^_^

-RMP

.Message. .Message.

Butterscotch, yo!

I liked it. The melodies and chords were really groovy. And the voices you used were good.
I see you panned the drums, but they got a bit annoying and unbalanced after a while. Maybe just pan a few things? The right-left thing was a tad annoying. But nice drums though.
I think you should mix it up a bit more. Maybe add a organ solo, cause I could hear that needed a solo. Maybe some other melodies too. Mix this song up with some variation, and it would definately get full marks from me.